Summer Reading Program
Summer Reading will be BACK for it's third year in 2021! We're excited to have new partners and added prizes for this summer's reading program and reading rewards. Here are the details:
* To participate, pick up a Summer Reading Program Brochure from the bookstore (copies are available beginning June 1st at check-out). You can also print a copy from here.
* Record each book you read on the list page.
* When your child has read and recorded 5 reading level appropriate books, bring your brochure list by the bookstore and you’ll receive $5 in Mischief Money to spend at our new Morganton business - Merrill Mischief - a candy store located at 105 E. Union St and opening mid-June. But keep reading!
* Once you’ve read and recorded 10 books, bring your brochure list by the bookstore and you’ll earn a free children’s, middle grade, or Young Adult book ($8 or less) from Adventure Bound Books**.
And this year, there are rewards for those who read beyond the 10 books, so grab a second reading log and start tracking those additional books!
* At 15 books read and logged, stop by the bookstore for your exclusive Summer Reading Program pin. These are not given out for any other contest or reason; only for 15-book readers during our Summer Reading Program!
* At 20 books read and logged, you'll be entered to win a free movie pass from Marquee Cinema Mimosa 7 in downtown Morganton!
The Summer Reading Program is open to any reader at least 4 years old who can read independently to him/her/themself. Readers can complete as many Summer Reading lists as they would like from June 1st - August 31st, earning a treat each time he/she/they hit the 5, 10,15, and 20 book marks!
** If you choose a book valued at greater than $8, you'll receive a Summer Reading discount of $8 off your purchase. This discount cannot be combined with other coupons or discounts with the exception of sales/already marked down books.